Saturday, 21 May 2016

DOUBLE DENIM LOOKS



Happy weekend style lovers!

The weather is getting colder in Melbourne and one of my favourite looks during this time of the year is double denim or denim on denim (whatever you prefer).

Double denim is a trend that has been around for decades. 
I used to think double denim is a big no-no for me but then again- never say never. 

If done right, this look can be pulled off in so many different ways without looking boring. 
Its all about the pieces you choose to put together. 

I wanted to share three different double denim looks that are super easy to achieve- 

Jeans & denim shirt
Jeans & denim jacket
Jeans & denim bomber jacket


Look 1- Jeans & denim shirt

To elevate my first look I added a black vest. You can instead add a blazer and pair it with your favourite pair of heels.

For me, the gold accessories were just right, but don't shy away from accessorising it with your favourite pieces of jewellery.

Jeans- Forever new
Shirt- Zara
Vest- Bardot
Shoes- Topshop_UK
Bag- Tory Burch
Watch- Michael Kors
Sunglasses- Dior Composit
_____________________


Look 2- Jeans & denim jacket

To elevate this look I just added a pair of heeled peep toes. Denim jacket is one of my favourite looks as its practical but still rugged.

Jeans- Zara
Shirt- Bardot
Jacket- Topshop
Shoes- French Connection
Sunglasses- Dior Composit
_____________________


Look 3- Jeans & denim bomber jacket-

Bomber jacket is one trending trends currently and I love this denim look bomber jacket. I paired it with a knit and the jacket is lightly lined too, keeps me warm on a chilly winter day.

Jeans- Zara
Knit- Sportsgirl
Bomber Jacker- H & M
Shoes- Tony Bianco
Bag- Zara
Sunglasses- Dior Composit
_____________________



Some style secrets?-

Don't wear the denim that's exactly the same wash, you don't want to look too matchy matchy. Contrasting is essential when it comes to the double denim look.

Double denim usually looks good when paired with a skinny fit jeans. Baggy fit, not so much.

Wearing distressed denim when doing the double denim look is a great way of breaking up an all denim look. It also adds an edge to whole denim outfit. 

This is it from me for today, but let me assure you - double denim is one look that is here to stay.

-From my perspective
__________________







No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Page Next Page Home